Since Autumn 2015, the University of Chicago has been strengthening its language offerings by being an active member of the CourseShare initiative. This initiative allows students within the Big Ten Academic Alliance–the fourteen Big Ten schools and the University of Chicago–to enroll in selected courses offered at other institutions. This expands the number of courses offered to our students while also strengthening enrollment in our least commonly taught languages.
LEARN MORE >
Summer Language Programs
Don’t see the language you are looking for here on campus? Try browsing our list of domestic Summer Language Offerings.
Looking for information about Summer language programs abroad? Browse the database from the Study Abroad office.
There are numerous opportunities for UChicago students to receive funding to continue their language learning abroad:
- Foreign Language Acquisition Grants (FLAG), for College students
- Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS), for graduate students
You can learn more at the Study Abroad office’s homepage or at their page for Summer International Travel Grants.
National Scholarships and Fellowships
- Boren Awards, for College and graduate students
- Critical Language Scholarship, for College and graduate students
- Gilman Scholarship, for College students
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program, for College Students
You can obtain application support from the College Center for Research and Fellowships (College students) and UChicagoGRAD (graduate students).